Blake Shelton Sparks Controversy for His Coronavirus Comment
The Voice mentor Blake Shelton posted a tweet with false information about the COVID-19 pandemic and fans were quick to respond.
It started when President Donald Trump retweeted a tweet that had false information. The tweet contained a “baseless QAnon conspiracy theory” spewing false stats about Coronavirus, CNN reports. Twitter eventually deleted the tweet.
The false claim stated that the CDC had “quietly” updated COVID-19 numbers so that 6% of those who passed were actually from the pandemic, while “the other 94% had 2-3 other serious illnesses.”
Blake must not have seen the false report, and took to Twitter to write, “I’m not even sure which side(politically) this would land on. But am I the only person who sees the new CDC update as some actual good news? Just that. Not left or right… Just updated info that’s better than we thought. I mean does everything have to be a fight these days?” He also added, “I’m talking about 6% news.”
A fan responded back, “Do some actual research, Blake. A majority of the damn country has pre-existing health conditions. A lot don’t even know they have them. So, if they contract COVID, it’s okay because those without will probably live? If you don’t understand the info, just don’t say anything.”
And it didn’t stop there.
Click inside to see Blake Shelton’s full exchange…
Source: Read Full Article