Devastated Asan N’Jie issues grovelling apology to Jamie Lomas
After the news that he's been sacked from Emmerdale, Asan N'Jie has said he is "devastated" about the incident.
Bosses at ITV decided to terminate the 25-year-old actor's contract after he was filmed threatening to kill Jamie Lomas at the TV Choice awards.
In a statement about his firing, Asan, who played Ellis Chapman, apologised to the Hollyoaks star, 44.
He said: "My behaviour at the TV Choice Awards was completely unacceptable and very much out of character.
"I sincerely apologise to everybody who has been affected especially Jamie Lomas, the whole Emmerdale team, our audience, ITV, my family, and the organisers of the TV Choice Awards.
"I am devastated, accept full responsibility for my actions and I am determined to learn from this."
His statement was released by ITV, who also explained that he'd been let go following an investigation.
A spokesperson for the channel said: "Emmerdale suspended Asan N'Jie yesterday pending further investigation into an incident at a central London hotel on Monday night.
"ITV executives have met with him this morning and as a consequence Asan's contract has been terminated with immediate effect."
It had been reported that Asan had been prepared to beg to keep his job when he met with producers today.
He was said to be preparing to "get down on his hands and knees" to ask for forgiveness.
Source: Read Full Article