Wrexham fans overjoyed as Ryan Reynolds brings Hollywood star Hugh Jackman to match

Wrexham AFC co-chairman Ryan Reynolds and Wolverine star

brought Hollywood fever to Wrexham on Saturday. The pair were in town for Wrexham's return to the English Football League after 15 years as they faced MK Dons.

After heading on the pitch to meet some Reds fans, the pair made their way back to their seats but delighted fans as they stopped to sign autographs and take selfies. Despite the huge crowds of people, both Ryan, 46, and Hugh took time out to create some lifelong memories with the home fans.

The fans could be seen beaming once they managed to see the Hollywood legends. One young girl managed to get a picture with Hugh, and a wave from Ryan, and that left her delighted, she told OK!

Ryan looked a nervous figure ahead of the dragons' game as he wore his Wrexham AFC jacket. While Hugh, 54, seemed to be taking his first experience of the STōK Cae Ras in his stride, as he wore a Wrexham AFC baseball cap.

After the game, Hugh took to social media to share his thoughts on his experience in North Wales. The Marvel legend said: "Finally snagged an invite. Thanks, Wrex. @VancityReynolds @RMcElhenney @Wrexham_AFC @WrexhamFX."

The pair were in sat in the Betty Buzz hospitality suite for the game alongside Wrexham co-chairman Rob McElhenney. Rob, 46, posed for a photo with Hugh before the game, as he joked: "Is the Co-Chairman transfer window still open? #TeamHugh."

Ryan, who is a regular in North Wales, spoke to Sky Sports News before the game. He told them: "It’s really emotional. A lot of blood was spilled on this field the last couple of years, with Rob and I involved with the club.

“It never fails to completely take my breath away when I step out into the Racecourse Ground. It’s a church. So, to be here, I’ve got a little first day of school vibes, I have that sort of nervous energy that I’m kind of consumed with but super-excited. Can’t wait to get going."

Unfortunately for Wrexham, Hugh wasn't a good luck charm, as they lost the game 5-3 in front of a crowd of 10,205. Wrexham were losing 2-0 in the opening 10 minutes thanks to an own goal from Eoghan O’Connell, and a goal from Mo Eisa.

However, they did manage to get one back through Jacob Mendy before the break. After half time things went from bad to worse for the National League champions as Jonathan Leko bagged himself a double to put the Dons 4-1 ahead.

Jordan Davies did give Wrexham some hope when he scored in the 82nd minute, but Daniel Harvie bagged Mk Dons' fifth goal shortly after. A chaotic afternoon was finished off by Wrexham's Anthony Forde completing the goalscoring.

    Source: Read Full Article