I grew my hair below my waist using a DIY mask – you’ll already have the two secret ingredients at home | The Sun
PRODUCTS that promise to be a miracle solution for instant hair growth are usually eye-wateringly expensive.
However, a trainee trichologist has revealed that cheap ingredients in our kitchen cupboard can be just as effective.
Phuong Pham (@happipham) has garnered over 517,000 followers on TikTok, where she shares advice for haircare.
She took to the social media platform to reveal how combining just two common ingredients to make a hair mask can transform locks without a visit to the salon.
She showed that her thick black hair had grown almost long enough to reach her knees after focusing on keeping it healthy.
“Grow your hair with coffee,” read the text over the video.
The haircare expert ran her fingers through her hair to prove that she wasn’t wearing any extensions.
She then mixed olive oil and ground coffee granules in a bowl and used her fingers to apply the mixture to her roots.
She covered her hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes before rinsing the mask off in the shower and blow drying.
Her hair looked glossy and voluminous as she shook it to show the finished results of using the mask to stimulate growth.
Most read in Hair & Beauty
a winter romance?
Sammy Root spotted cosying up to Love Island star just days after split
Our cars kept mysteriously getting sabotaged – we were stunned to find culprit
Hero couple save twin boys by hiding them from Hamas – but die fighting them off
GAZ’S MEGA PAY DAY
Gary Neville gets huge pay day as huge pop star hires his entire hotel
Phuong captioned the post with hashtags including #hairtransformation, #hairlossremedy, #hairmask, and #tipsandtricks.
The post went viral with over 643,000 views, 24,000 likes, and a stream of comments from people eager to grow their own hair.
A top commenter asked for shampoo and conditioner recommendations, while others asked for the exact measurements of coffee and olive oil.
Phuong has since posted follow-up videos offering natural solutions for hair loss and ingredients to avoid when buying over-the-counter products.
She isn’t the only TikToker to advocate for using oil to achieve healthy hair.
Jenny started to trend on the social media platform after revealing that she used natural ingredients to grow waist-length locks.
She said her grandmother taught her to wear her hair in protective styles such as braids, opt for herbal products, and routinely oil her hair.
Best Prime Big Deals Day Offers 2023
PRIME Big Deals Day is running from October 10 to 11, and there are some fantastic deals up for grabs. We’ve picked out our favorites below:
* If you click on a link in this boxout we may earn affiliate revenue
Here are some of our top picks from the Amazon event so far:
- Echo Dot (5th) + Smart Plug, $23.98 (save $49) – buy here
- Fire TV Stick 4K, $22.99 (save $27) – buy here
- Ninja Foodi Smart Air Fryer, $169.99 (save 48%) – buy here
- Philips 3000 Air Fryer, $79.95 (save $100) – buy here
- Fire TV 50" 4K Smart TV, $149.99 (save $226) – buy here
- Sony Soundbar, $198 (save $201) – buy here
- Blink Security Camera, $99.99 (save $150) – buy here
- Ghd Curling Iron, $153.75 (save 25%) – buy here
- Beats Studio Pro, $179.99 (was $349.99) – buy here
- Blue Diamond 11-piece cookware set, $99 (save $100) – buy here
- GreenPan Slow Cooker, $175 (save $75) – buy here
- OKP K4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner, $95.99 (save 71%) – buy here
- Turtle Beach Gaming Controller, $29.95 (was 79.99) – buy here
- Chicbuy Laptop 15.6", $299.99 (was $1,099.99) – buy here
- Tatcha The Serum Stick, $34.30 (save 30%) – buy here
If you haven't signed up already, make sure you sign up here for the 30-day free trial – otherwise, you won't be able to access the deals.
- Check out Walmart's rival shopping event – shop here
- Check out Target's rival shopping event – shop here
We've rounded up more top offers and information here:
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals
- Best Amazon Prime Day tech deals
- When is Amazon Prime Day?
- Walmart+ vs Amazon Prime – which is better?
She added that her 71-year-old grandma makes a DIY hair mask and only puts heat on her hair to straighten it once a week.
Read More on The Sun
How to take 55 days' holiday in 2024 by booking just 25 days of annual leave
Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan home-shamed as they reveal decor at mansion
Jenny said: “She’s the one that has taught me everything on how to grow healthy hair.
“This is what she uses; rosemary water and oil, aloe vera, and flaxseed.”
Source: Read Full Article