I was left disfigured and looking like a monster after I decided to use box dye on my hair at home & it went badly wrong | The Sun

Luisa Kamei, 19, from Brazil, decided to colour her hair at home four days before her birthday party.

But when she woke up the next day she realised something had gone very wrong.

Luisa, a model and student, woke up on December 16 and said her forehead felt swollen and her scalp extremely itchy, but decided not to think anything of it.

However the next day, Luisa’s reaction had become significantly worse.

She said: “I woke up in the morning with liquid coming out of my scalp and I woke up the next day with my face so swollen that I couldn't open one of my eyes.

"I felt very uncomfortable and felt a lot of pressure on my head. My face got bigger.


I got lip filler but it went wrong…my lips were big & bruised for three weeks

Woman furious after a visit to the nail shop leaves her with the Volkswagen logo

"It was nerve-racking, the dye had deformed my face."

Luisa claimed a box of hair dye, not mentioning the brand name, caused a list of symptoms after she used it earlier this month. 

However, she added that she had used the hair tint before without an issue.

Three days after applying the dye, Luisa went to the doctors who informed her she had an allergic reaction to ammonia present in the tint.

Most read in Fabulous


Super organised woman has already bought next year's Christmas presents


How to banish condensation from your home for good – and get rid of mould too


We're a mum and daughter with 22 kids – people ask if we're on benefits


People are only just discovering what AM and PM means – it’s not what you think

Ammonia is used in hair dyes because it opens the cuticle layer, allowing colour molecules to have deeper access into the hair, reports Jam Press.

Luisa said: “On 16 December, I decided I would dye my hair, anyone who knows me knows I've been doing this for years.

“I had a disfigured face caused by the hair dye. 

"I've never had such a reaction. 

"Two days after dying my hair, I woke up with a liquid coming out of the scalp and the next day with my face swollen to the point where I couldn't open one of my eyes.

Luisa said: "I looked at myself in the mirror and all I could do was cry.

"According to the doctor, if I had taken longer to get to the hospital, the effects of the allergic reaction could have been even worse.

"I found the courage to show how I ended up to issue a warning. I wouldn't wish this on anyone."

Read More on The Sun

Christmas bin collection rules explained – and how to avoid £100s in fines

Woman accused of seeking attention after rocking glam make-up at the gym

"Be careful with the type of products you use.

"The 48-hour allergy test recommended by the manufacturers is not always enough."

Source: Read Full Article