I’m the queen of clean – here’s how to get stubborn tea stains out of your mugs WITHOUT putting them in the dishwasher | The Sun
IS THERE anything more frustrating than putting your cup in the dishwasher repeatedly only for it to still be covered in tea stains?
We think not, but fortunately, there are lots of ways you can banish stubborn stains without the need for scrubbing.
Luckily, the queen of Clean, Lynsey Crombie has revealed her best methods for getting rid of the pesky stains.
The cleaning expert revealed that denture tablets work wonders at removing tea stains, which are particularly hard to remove thanks to a component calling tannin.
Tannin is often used to dye leather and make ink which explains why it stains cups so much.
Lynsey also recommends: "Use Astonish Clean & Revive, which will leave your mugs looking brand new."
READ MORE CLEANING HACKS
I’m a cleaning expert – the easy way to freshen up your kids’ school uniform
People are realizing you can remove a part of your oven for easy cleaning
But if you want some more natural methods to clean your mugs than keep reading.
The Queen of Clean adds ice and salt work well together to eliminate stains without having to scrub.
Simply pour salt and a few ice cubes into the cup and wrap with clingfilm before giving it a good shake to loosen any stains.
The expert recommends using vinegar in your cups and leaving it to soak for ten minutes before rinsing to remove stains reports the Express.
Most read in Fabulous
Latest Queen Elizabeth tributes as Britain begins period of mourning
Prince Harry rushed to see the Queen in Balmoral but arrived after death
I shed a tear when I heard the Queen died – Britain has lost its rock
Wills, Kate, George, Charlotte & Louis all smiles at new £7k-a-term school
For stains that may need to be scrubbed off, a little baking soda may help make the process easier.
Pour a small amount into the cup and a little water to create a paste before scrubbing at the stains and rinse once they've vanished.
Fabulous recently reported on the cleaning whizz's hack to get rid of pesky makeup stains on furniture.
And don’t worry, you won’t need to spend hours scrubbing, or go out and break the bank on fancy cleaning products – all you will need to spend for this method is £3.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article