Aldi, B&M and Sainsbury’s reduce the price of leftover Easter eggs with prices starting from 29p
SUPERMARKETS including Aldi and Sainsbury's have knocked down the price of their leftover Easter eggs to as little as 29p.
Retailers have slashed the cost of the seasonal chocolate goodies so they can get rid of surplus stock after Easter Sunday.
Discounter B&M has also reduced its Easter egg prices today, Easter Monday.
The lowest price we've seen across all retailers is 29p for single Creme Eggs.
However, we've also spotted medium and large Easter eggs knocked down to £1 and £2 each.
The discounts include fan favourites such as Cadbury and Nestle.
Do supermarkets have restrictions in place on Easter eggs?
NONE of the major supermarkets have limits in place when it comes to how many Easter eggs you can buy.
This includes Asda, Aldi, Iceland, M&S, Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Waitrose.
It's worth remembering that current government guidelines state you should only visit supermarkets for essential items due to the coronavirus outbreak.
If you're already browsing in store for essentials, you're advised to stick to the two-metre social distancing rule.
Most supermarkets are open again today after staying shut over Easter Sunday.
Tesco, Asda and Morrisons have yet to unveil any Easter egg deals on their website, but last year some supermarkets only started reduced their chocolate the day after Easter Monday.
The Sainsbury's Easter egg discounts are available online and in stores, but you'll only find the Aldi and B&M deals in stores.
Here's a round-up of some of the best Easter egg deals:
- Smarties Easter egg 122g – 49p (was 75p – save 26p) – in store only
- Maltesers Teasers egg 248g – £1.49 (was £1.99 – save 50p) – in store only
- Giant chocolate bunny 400g – £1.49 (was £1.99 – save 50p) – in store only
- Galaxy large Golden egg 234g – £1.49 (was £1.99 – save 50p) – in store only
- Moser Roth gin egg 160g – £1.99 (was £2.49 – save 50p) – in store only
- Creme Egg single – 29p (was 39p – save 10p) – in store only
- Milkybar Easter egg 65g – 49p (was £1 – save 51p) – in store only
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Easter egg 72g – 49p (was £1 – save 51p) – in store only
- Maltesers Bunnies Easter egg 172g – 79p (was £1.59 – save 80p) – in store only
- Thorntons Classic Easter egg 207g – £1.49 (was £2.99) – in store only
- Cadbury Oreo Easter egg single – 40p (was 50p – save 10p) – in store and online
- Cadbury Buttons Easter egg 74g – 75p (was £1 – save 25p) – in store and online
- Cadbury Freddo Faces Easter egg 122g – £1 (was £1.25 – save 25p) in store and online
- Swizzels Squashies Easter egg 145g – £1.50 (was £3 – save £1.50) – in store and online
- Cadbury Twirl Easter egg 262g – £2 (was £3 – save £1) – in store and online
Not sure what time shops are open today? We've rounded up the supermarket Easter opening hours 2020 for Tesco, Aldi and more.
Plus, here are supermarket NHS timings and discounts including Asda, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury's.
People are using giant Easter eggs as cereal bowls creating the ultimate chocolatey breakfast.
Source: Read Full Article