Boy, 9, saves gran from drowning in bath using skills he learnt on YouTube
A nine-year-old boy saved his grandmother from drowning by using skills he learnt on YouTube.
Schoolboy Kian Aliffe was staying with his grandma when he heard a strange sound coming from the bath.
He found Angela Jones, 51, who had suffered a seizure, floating in the water with her eyes open.
Quick-thinking Kian remembered seeing a video on YouTube of a girl being saved from drowning and sprang into action.
He held her head back, turned off the running tap and unplugged the bath before raising the alarm.
The youngster desperately knocked on a neighbour's door but when he got no answer he dialled 999 and then phoned his mum.
Kian said he learned what to do after coming across a clip on YouTube of a girl having a fit in a swimming pool.
He said: "I remember seeing them pull the girl out of the water so I knew I had to try and lean her head back and to unplug the water so she wouldn't go under.
"I did panic but knew I needed to help so tried to find someone to help and phone the ambulance with me."
Angela is now recovering in hospital after suffering the seizure at her home in Llangennech, Llanelli, South Wales.
Kian's mum Hailey had no idea what was going on until arriving at the house a little later.
"I was driving and saw a couple of missed calls but just drove to my mum's house instead of answering the phone," she told Wales Online .
"As soon as I got there I knew something was wrong when I saw Kian sitting outside the house. Then he told me he was waiting for an ambulance.
"What's even stranger is that Kian is partially deaf and was listening to his earphones at the time so he only heard a faint splash and a sort of shout of his name.
"There is no doubt in my mind, that Kian saved my mum's life and if he wasn't there or didn't know what to do, I dread to think what would have happened.
"I'm always telling him 'get off the internet' but he said that he only knew what to do after seeing a video online."
Source: Read Full Article