From MacBooks to Chromebooks, these refurbished laptop deals are an absolute steal
Discover the highlights of our New York Post Store, brought to you by our partner StackCommerce. The New York Post may be compensated and/or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
It’s hard to survive in the world today without a working computer. Whether you’re a remote worker, a contractor, or a college student – a reliable device (and connection) is a necessity. So if yours is knocking at death’s door and you close your eyes and pray it still works every time you open it, you should probably take the plunge and upgrade.
Before you dive into the deep end, though, don’t get fooled into buying a $1,500 device when there are much cheaper options capable of doing the same things. Plus, think of the environment for a second before you wait in line for the latest and “greatest” laptop. There’s about 20 to 50 million metric tons of electronic waste thrown out every year. Don’t be part of the problem; you can cut back on the world’s e-waste problem by purchasing a refurbished device.
Refurbished devices are tested to work as good as new. They’re just pre-loved by someone else, which is no biggie. The best part, though, is that they’re way cheaper than buying brand new. So, not only can you get a new-to-you computer without breaking the bank, but you can cut back on your carbon footprint at the same time.
No matter what your computer preference is, there’s a refurbished device calling your name. Check out these almost too good to be true deals.
Built for speed and simplicity, Chromebooks are ideal for everyday web surfing, video chatting, or checking up on email. They’re specifically built to fit the needs of a modern lifestyle, usually with thousands of apps, built-in virus protection, and cloud backup. There are a ton of brands to choose from, like Acer, Lenovo, and Dell, just to name a few. Plus, they’re incredibly affordable.
- Acer Touchscreen 11′ Chromebook 16GB (Certified Refurbished) – $249 (originally $399)
- Acer 11″ 16GB C720 Chromebook (Certified Refurbished) – $89.99 (originally $199.99)
- Acer Chromebook 11″ C740-C4PE 16GB Wi-Fi Black (Certified Refurbished) – $99.99 (originally $199)
- Lenovo Thinkpad 11e Chromebook 11.6” 16GB Silver (Certified Refurbished) – $104.99 (originally $399)
- Lenovo N22 11.6″ Chromebook 16GB Black (Certified Refurbished) – $99.99 (originally $249.99)
- Lenovo N21 11″ Chromebook 2.1GHz, 4GB RAM, 16GB Drive (Refurbished) – $89.99 (originally $599)
- HP Chromebook 14 14.4” 16GB Black (Certified Refurbished) – $99.99 (originally $299.99)
- HP Chromebook 11″ 16GB Silver (Certified Refurbished) – $139.99 (originally $199.99)
- Dell Chromebook 11″ 16GB Wi-Fi Grey (Certified Refurbished Grade A) – $104.99 (originally $299)
For those on the computer all day long – like graphic designers, writers, editors, and developers – staring at a tiny laptop screen can put a lot of strain on your eyes, neck, back, and more. That’s where a desktop computer can really come in handy. And if you’re looking for a desktop computer above all others, a Mac is the way to go.
- Apple iMac 21.5″ Intel i3-2100 Dual Core 3.1GHz 250GB (Certified-Refurbished) – $379 (originally $1,199)
- Apple Mac mini Intel Core 2 Duo 320GB Wi-Fi Silver (Certified Refurbished Grade A) – $349 (originally $479)
If you need something a bit more portable, Apple’s MacBook Pro is reliable, durable, clean, and easy to use. Plus, it synchronizes well with other Apple devices. So, if you’re looking to build your Apple arsenal and need a lightweight laptop to bring on the go, this is your best bet.
- Apple MacBook Pro 13.3” 1TB Wi-Fi Silver (Certified Refurbished) + Hard Case & Cleaning Spray – $699.99 (originally $999)
- Apple MacBook Pro 13.3″ Intel Core i5 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM & 500GB Hard Drive (Certified Refurbished) – $699.99 (originally $1,199)
- Apple Macbook Pro 13.3″ Core i5 (Certified Refurbished) – $1,199 (originally $1,512)
The MacBook Air is a sleeker and slimmer version of the MacBook Pro. But don’t let its size fool you; it packs some serious power into its ultra-slim frame. Plus, it carries a lower price tag than the OG MacBook Pro. These devices are easy to pack with you for remote work, frequent travel, or whatever else pops up on your schedule.
- Apple MacBook Air 11.6” 128GB WiFi Silver (Certified Refurbished) – $369.99 (originally $999)
- Apple MacBook Air 13″ Core I5 (Certified Refurbished) – $779 (originally $1,199.99)
- Apple Macbook Air 11.6″ Core I5 (Certified Refurbished) – $639 (originally $728)
- Apple MacBook Air 11″ 256GB SSD (Certified Refurbished) – $725 (originally $1,099)
- Apple MacBook Air 13″ 128GB SSD (Certified Refurbished) – $749 (originally $1,199)
- Apple MacBook Air 11.6″ 128GB Silver (Refurbished) – $429 (originally $999)
Source: Read Full Article