KFC customer horrified to discover ‘fly eggs’ on her fried chicken
A KFC customer was shocked to find what appears to be "fly eggs" at the bottom of their bucket of fried chicken.
Environmental health officers were called in to the Dover branch of GKKFC after images of the fried chicken in question went viral on social media, Kent Live reports .
Daniele Gatti posted three pictures of the chicken, found at the bottom of the KFC bucket, served at the fast food restaurant in Honeywood Retail Park in Whitfield.
Beside the pictures, Mr Gatti wrote: "Health warning: if you are getting food from the KFC in Dover (near Tesco in Whitfield) do check it thoroughly before eating it, as we found fly eggs on multiple pieces at the bottom of our bucket."
But following an investigation, health officers said the branch's hygiene standards were good.
Mr Gatti later updated his comment after receiving a message from Environmental Health, which said: "Good morning. Thank you for your email, I am sorry to hear of your experience.
"Your social media post was brought to our attention and officers have investigated this issue. No flying insects were found at the premises and hygiene standards were good.
"I can confirm that we have not received any similar complaints so I must conclude that this was an unfortunate, isolated incident.
"Thank you for your time and trouble in bringing this matter to our attention."
Mr Gatti's post has since been shared almost 2,000 times with nearly 100 comments.
Environmental health officers visited the site on Monday and were said to be impressed with their findings.
A Dover District Council spokesman said: "We can confirm that DDC Environmental Health Officers visited KFC on Monday.
"The premises were found to be operating at a high standard (5 rating) with no evidence of fly activity.
"Complaint records were checked and no complaints had been received by the premises regarding flies and/or any other food hygiene related incident."
At the time of their visit, no formal complaint had been reported to the council or to KFC.
The council have since informed Mr Gatti about the environmental health investigation.
KFC has been approached for comment.
Source: Read Full Article