The 'red nail theory' every single woman needs to know about
How to score a date every time: The ‘red nail theory’ every woman needs to know about – as singles put it to the test
- The ‘red nail theory’ suggests that a red manicure will always get you noticed
- TikTok users have speculated red nails nearly always leads to being asked out
- Single women have tried the theory on the platform with great success
- Reason why is because many men’s mums wore red nail varnish so they love it
The secret to scoring a date this season is to paint your nails red, according to a new TikTok trend.
The ‘red nail theory’ that has taken over the social media platform in recent months suggests that a red manicure will always get you noticed and lead to a comment or compliment.
And now single women are putting it to the test, only to almost always score a date every single time.
Scroll down for video
The secret to scoring a date this season is to paint your nails red, according to a new TikTok trend (the ‘red nail theory’)
The term was first coined by the TikTok user GirlBoss Town, who explained the reason why red manicures are so attractive is because it’s a powerful, bold colour that’s synonymous with femininity.
‘Every time I have red nails, a guy comments on it,’ she said.
‘They’ll be like, oh I like your nail colour. I always thought red was a grandma’s nail colour… Then it hit me. In the 90s, when we were growing up, women had red nails a lot, especially our mums.’
She added: ‘I think guys are attracted to our red nails because it reminds them of their mums when they were growing up, taking care of them’.
The ‘red nail theory’ that has taken over the social platform in recent months suggests that a red manicure will always get you noticed and lead to a comment or compliment (pictured)
Suing if i dont have 10 dates lined up next week x #rednailtheory #nails #trend #rednails
Since her original video, there have been 69million searches for the ‘red nail theory’, and thousands of other TikTokers have jumped on the trend, uploading videos of their own shiny red manicures.
‘The other night before I went out, I thought about doing red nails,’ TikTok user Navya Passi explained.
‘And the compliments I got from boys, from men and from women that entire night was insane. I think they look hot and I feel super powerful when I have them on.’
Another TikTok user, Melisse Martineau , said ‘the red nail theory has never been so real’ (pictured)
Another TikTok user, Melisse Martineau, said ‘the red nail theory has never been so real’.
‘I have never been asked out on so many dates or been complimented as much as I have been in the past two or three weeks with these nails,’ she said.
‘I’m talking, I have maybe been asked on five or six dates, which is not normal.’
Others have speculated that red is such a popular colour because it’s associated with passion, confidence, and love, as well as being possibly the most attention-grabbing colour.
By contrast, others say that blue nails means you’re in a relationship, with TikTok users saying light blue is the colour every single man picks when you ask them what colour you should paint your nails.
Three of the best red nail polishes to try the ‘red nail theory’
FEMAIL reveals three of the best red nail varnishes (pictured)
1. Kester Black Rouge ($26): This luscious red has neutral undertones but channels old school Hollywood glamour. It’s fast drying and high shine.
2. OPI Nail Lacquer Big Apple Red ($20.95): This bold red creme will give you New-York ready nails in an instant. It delivers up to seven days of wear while a wide brush easily coats the nail.
3. Essie Nail Varnish in Fifth Avenue ($15.99): Get salon-quality nails at home with this long wearing, high-shine formula. It’s made without formaldehydes and animal products.
Source: Read Full Article