Woman accidentally leaves tampon in for a month after using two without noticing

A woman has baffled viewers after saying she accidentally put two tampons up her vagina and left one inside her body for a month without noticing anything was wrong.

In a viral TikTok video, Ari @ariannamarie97 tells her story and explains the string had got "all the way up there" so when she removed the other tampon she didn't realise there was a second still in her body.

"It’s about to be a year since I found out I had accidentally left my tampon in for over a month," she says in the on-screen caption.

"I'm built different [sic] so nothing happened to me but I have a picture of when I took it out."

The TikToker did post a picture of her old tampon when viewers asked to see it – but said it was banned and removed by the app for being "too graphic".

She described it as being "a little beige with some grey and then some spots of black mixed in there".

In the comments, Ari explained further: "I had accidentally put two in. One went up. The other one was behind it.

"I pulled that one out and left this one up, so there was no string. It was just way up there."

The video was watched more than 5 million times and many confessed to similar accidents.

  • Mum brands daughter 'nasty' after she uses spaghetti pot to boil menstrual cup

One user shared: "Happened to me for three weeks. Then I felt something fall out when I was s*******."

A second wrote: "Lucky. I left mine in for 10 hours because I couldn't use the restroom at work and I've been battling BV (bacterial vaginosis) ever since."

Someone else commented: "Bestie I forgot to take one out before inserting another one.

"The first one was up there for like a day before it pushed itself down."

"New fear unlocked," wrote another nervous viewer.

The maximum amount of time to leave in a tampon is eight hours because there is a small risk of toxic shock syndrome (TSS) associated with tampon use.

According to the NHS, Toxic shock syndrome is a rare but life-threatening condition caused by bacteria getting into the body and releasing harmful toxins.

Its symptoms are similar to flu and include fever, headache, feeling cold, feeling tired or exhausted, an aching body, a sore throat, and a cough.

Source: Read Full Article