11am Man Utd news LIVE: Milinkovic-Savic talks to replace Pogba, Jadon Sancho ‘transfer agreed’, Premier League claim – The Sun
MAN UTD are pressing on with their transfer business, with a first summer signing now confirmed in the shape of goalkeeper Radek Vitek.
Jadon Sancho and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic may also be closing in on moves but Paul Pogba is reportedly considering buying himself out of his contract.
Follow all the latest gossip and news from Old Trafford below…
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskajer is ready to “exploit” the transfer market once coronavirus crisis has ended.
Speaking to Sky Sports News, he said: “We want to be the best at everything, and of course now is a chance to spend more time, you discuss players, discuss plans.
“We’ve evaluated what we need, of course with the coaching staff we’ve looked at games, evaluated games, discussing on video calls like this.
“Then, the market, who knows how the market is going to react to this? Who knows which clubs need to sell players?
“There might be just a situation there where you can exploit, and I know that we at Man United we are one of the biggest, and the biggest, financially well-off.
“I’m sure we are capable, when we get back to normality, that we can do the business that we want to.”
Liverpool believe their controversial plan to furlough staff was “leaked” by another Premier League club, it has been claimed.
The Reds received a heavy backlash after they announced their intention to utilise the Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme on Saturday.
Owners Fenway Sports Group, however, had planned to wait until Monday to release the plans, ensuring that every employee was made aware of the initiative first.
According to the Athletic, one senior club source has claimed that their “hand was forced”.
Liverpool had been involved in confidential meetings with other Premier League clubs, discussing how this pandemic would be dealt with.
And Reds bosses believe that another club leaked their furloughing intentions – leaving them scrambling on Saturday to draw up a statement.
The Premier League is ready to scrap the season as a result of coronavirus, according to Udinese director Pierpaolo Marino.
Football chiefs ordered an indefinite break with the pandemic getting worse and sporting events being cancelled worldwide.
The Premier League have reportedly been given a ‘tentative’ green light to resume in June behind closed doors.
But Belgian authorities recently announced their season is over – Club Brugge had already wrapped up the Jupiler League title.
And according to Udinese director Marino – whose club shares owners with Watford – the Premier League is set to follow suit.
Speaking to Sport Italia, the 65-year-old said: “The Belgian Federation has already sanctioned the end of their league, despite the threats of sanctions from Uefa.
“In England, the Premier League is about to release a similar statement, because the situation there is becoming very, very serious.”
Serie A players including Chris Smalling, Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku have agreed to to give up four months wages to help reduce the financial strain caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
The Italian division has been suspended since the start of March, and like other major sporting events will not get back underway until
completely safe to do so.
The suspension has prevented clubs from taking in ticket sales and broadcasting revenue with the league already being impacted financially.
In a bid to control costs during the COVID-19 outbreak, Italian champions Juventus announced yesterday they had reached an agreement with their players and coaches to implement a wage cut.
And now Serie A followed as they confirmed all clubs have agreed to do the same, taking up to one third of a pay cut.
GOOD MORNING UNITED FANS,
The Red Devils are back in talks to bring Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic to Old Trafford to replace Paul Pogba, according to reports.
Foot Mercato claim that United have recruited reinforcements in the shape of super-agent Fali Ramadani to try to push the transfer through.
Milinkovic-Savic is represented by former Chelsea star Mateja Kezman but Ramadani manages most big-name players in the Balkans and has played a key role in bringing promising talent to Italian clubs.
And United have therefore recruited the agent to act as an intermediary in negotiations with Lazio, the report states.
Meanwhile Jadon Sancho is becoming increasingly likely to join the club in the summer.
The Borussia Dortmund starlet has become the Red Devils' No1 target after his blistering performances for BVB.
And the Standard claim that United are becoming more and more confident of landing their man this summer.
But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already made his first signing after securing the signature of highly-rated teenage goalkeeper Radek Vitek.
The Czech stopper, 16, will leave Sigma Olomouc for a scholarship at Old Trafford in July.
He said: “It’s a surreal feeling. A move to United is the dream of a lot of guys who start playing football.
“I’m really looking forward to it. I admit I didn’t even believe it when I found out about their interest but now it’s a reality.”
Source: Read Full Article