Eddie Hearn tips Anthony Joshua to KO Usyk 'in six rounds' as he reveals new fight date will be announced 'very soon'
ANTHONY JOSHUA will exact his revenge on Oleksandr Usyk "within six rounds" of their high-stakes rematch.
The Watford warrior was turned over by the slick southpaw in their Tottenham tussle last September and lost his grip on the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles.
AJ has vowed not to try to outbox the Ukrainian second time around and get "back to basics" for their summer showdown, which promoter Eddie Hearn doesn't see going past the halfway point.
During an Instagram Live, The Matchroom Boxing chief said: "“I’m telling you now, AJ KOs Usyk within six rounds."
Joshua has appointed renowned trainer Robert Garcia – who has trained 14 world champions – as his new head coach for the potentially do-or-die rematch.
And Hearn believes the addition of Garcia, as well as the change of approach, will see AJ become a three-time heavyweight champion.
READ MORE IN SPORT
AJ previously told to ‘change attitude’ by Garcia as duo team up for Usyk
Joshua v Usyk latest odds and free bets: AJ the underdog for summer rematch
He said: “I rate Usyk but I believe in Anthony Joshua and I believe he’s going to put it right in the rematch, I really do."
Joshua and Usyk's second dance was slated to take place in Saudi Arabia on July 23 but has been pushed back to August due to minor broadcasting issues.
Hearn said: “We are close to announcing AJ’s next fight.
“If you watched my Kugan Cassius interview yesterday you would have seen there was a slight delay, but news very soon.”
SUN BINGO GET £50 BONUS & 50 FREE SPINS TODAY
Most read in Sport
Watford release TWENTY-SEVEN players following relegation to the Championship
Girl who got in bed with Andy Carroll says he never told her he was on his stag-do
Neymar transfer news – odds: Chelsea lead Barcelona, Liverpool and Man Utd
Champions League team of season announced by Uefa… and fans are FUMING
It's understood Usyk vs Joshua II is currently being targeted for early August and will take place in a purpose-built arena with air conditioning to negate the searing Saudi heat.
Hearn told iFL TV: “When you question about will there be a delay?
"If there is, you’re talking about two weeks and it’s for no other reason than time and making sure we can promote the fight in the right way.
Read More on The Sun
Full list of UK flights cancelled today including TUI and easyJet
BGT semi-final descends into chaos with children left in tears
“The fight is happening, the fight is agreed in terms of where it will take place and both sides have agreed, both sides have agreed the deal, and both sides have agreed everything.
“It’s just probably taken 10 days longer than we wanted it to and without putting a date all I can tell you is we are finalising the final bits of paperwork, and everything is agreed. So, standby.”
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Source: Read Full Article