FA confirm they will NOT take action after Jordan Henderson's bust-up with Gabriel during Arsenal's win over Liverpool | The Sun
THE FA has confirmed no action will taken after Jordan Henderson and Gabriel Magalhaes' on-field bust-up this month.
The pair were involved in a heated confrontation during Arsenal's 3-2 win against Liverpool at the Emirates.
The spat began when Arsenal were handed a controversial penalty in the 76th minute – which proved to be the winner.
But following the fight, ref Michael Oliver stopped play to inform Jurgen Klopp and Mikel Arteta that an allegation had been made.
He then lodged an urgent report after the match, prompting the FA to start an official investigation.
Henderson and Gabriel both provided statements as beaks looked to get to the bottom of the battle.
READ MORE ON ARSENAL
How Arsenal could line up after January after moves for Danilo and Mudryk
All info on the Reds’ crucial clashas they eye last-16 qualification
And it's even reckoned a lip reader was hired to see what was said via video replay.
But after a lengthy process, the FA has today said it will not be taking action of any kind.
A statement read: "Following an investigation into an allegation received by The FA in the Premier League fixture between Arsenal FC and Liverpool FC on Sunday 9 October 2022, The FA can confirm that it will not be taking any disciplinary action.
"The FA received a complaint about an incident involving two players in this fixture. As a result of the complaint, The FA conducted a full and thorough investigation.
Most read in Football
Haaland has miserable night on return and Mahrez misses penalty
Fans convinced Hoddle dropped C-bomb live on BT Sport beforecorrecting himself
Fans convinced this is moment Ronaldo REFUSES to come on for Man Utd
Villarreal aim savage parting shot at Emery after boss quits for Aston Villa
"The investigation included taking witness statements from the complainant and accused, along with an additional six players who were within proximity of the alleged incident, reviewing multiple angles of video footage, and seeking independent linguistics experts evidence.
"None of the witnesses heard the alleged comment, and the player accused strenuously denied the allegation throughout.
"Whilst The FA is entirely satisfied that the allegation was made in good faith, it is equally satisfied that there is no case to answer.
"The FA continues to take all allegations received extremely seriously and would encourage anyone who believes that they have been the subject of or witness to abuse to report this through the appropriate channels.
"The FA receives a number of complaints in any one season and thoroughly investigates each one that it receives.
"Following consideration of all of the evidence received, not all cases will result in a charge being issued."
Speaking after the incident, Arsenal boss Arteta gave his total backing to Gabriel.
The Spaniard said: “Yes, 100 per cent. The FA is in charge of that situation and we will have to wait and see what happens.
Read More on The Sun
Joey Essex breaks silence after kissing Maura Higgins & leaving bash together
I have big boobs – my genius hack will stop your button-downs from gaping
"I don’t know how long it will take. It’s difficult to predict the timing of these things.
“It’s something I don’t want to touch. It’s in the FA’s hands and I’m not going to get involved in that.”
Source: Read Full Article