Indiana Hoosiers at Maryland Terrapins odds, picks and best bets
The Indiana Hoosiers (4-2) hook up with the Maryland Terrapins (3-3) in a Week 8 Big Ten East clash at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday. Here, we break down the Indiana vs. Maryland odds and lines, with college football betting picks and tips.
Indiana at Maryland: Betting trends and tips
Looking to place a bet on this game or others? Get some action in the game at BetMGM and have some extra skin in the game. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- The Hoosiers and Terrapins rank fifth and sixth in the Big Ten East, respectively. Both sides are 1-2 in conference play.
- Indiana is 0-1 straight-up on the road this year. Maryland is 2-1 at home.
- The Hoosiers blanked Rutgers 35-0 at home last week. It followed a 40-31 road loss against Michigan State.
- Maryland fell 40-14 on the road against Purdue last week. It lost 59-0 against Penn State in its last home game.
- Indiana leads the all-time series 5-2. It won 34-32 in Bloomington last year.
- Indiana is 4-2 against the spread this year. The Hoosiers win by an average of 13.7 points but cover by just 0.8. Maryland is 3-3 ATS, winning by an average of 12.5 points and covering by 4.6 points.
- The Terrapins are 3-3 against the Over/Under and top the projected total by an average of 1.3 points. The Hoosiers are 2-4 while falling an average of 2.6 points shy of the projection.
- Hoosiers QB Michael Penix Jr. is completing 69.5% of his passes for 1,091 yards and nine touchdowns against three interceptions. RB Stevie Scott III has 445 rushing yards and four touchdowns.
- Terrapins QB Josh Jackson has completed just 51.1% of his passes for 968 yards and 10 touchdowns against four interceptions. RBs Javon Leake and Anthony McFarland Jr. each have 340 rushing yards and combine for 12 touchdowns on the ground.
Indiana at Maryland: Odds, betting lines and picks
Oct 12, 2019; Bloomington, IN, USA; Indiana Hoosiers tight end Gary Cooper (81) attempts to evade a tackle from Rutgers Scarlet Knights defensive back Zamir Mickens (17) during the second half of the game at Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Marc Lebryk-USA TODAY Sports
Oct 12, 2019; Bloomington, IN, USA; Indiana Hoosiers tight end Gary Cooper (81) attempts to evade a tackle from Rutgers Scarlet Knights defensive back Zamir Mickens (17) during the second half of the game at Memorial Stadium. (Photo Credit: Marc Lebryk – USA TODAY Sports)
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Tuesday at 12 p.m. ET.
Indiana 31, Maryland 24
Moneyline ( ?)
The visiting HOOSIERS are laying -167 as road favorites and are the play. They’ve been the better team this season, while the Terrapins are coming off a humbling loss against Purdue and were embarrassed in their last home game.
New to sports betting? A $10 bet on Indiana to win outright returns a profit of $6.
Against the Spread (?)
Get better value on Indiana with -110 to cover a point spread of -3.5. It will need to win by at least four points for the same $10 bet to fetch a profit of $9.09.
Over/Under ( ?)
Lean slightly to the UNDER (56.5, -110) with both teams playing right under the projections on the season. Neither side will be able to run up the score in the head-to-head meeting.
Get some action in this one, place a bet with BetMGM today. And for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Esten’s college football betting record: 8-14
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
The refs robbed the Lions of a win vs. Packers on MNF, and NFL fans were furious
There’s a good reason why the Packers weren’t flagged for having 13 players on the field
LeBron James gets crushed for his first comments on the NBA-China situation
1 old LeBron tweet is going viral again after his China comments
John Oliver perfectly described Stephen A. Smith on ‘Last Week Tonight’
Source: Read Full Article