Man Utd legend Patrice Evra's boxing debut POSTPONED after Martyn Ford vs Iranian Hulk's fight is shelved
PATRICE EVRA'S hotly anticipated boxing debut has been officially POSTPONED.
The Manchester United legend was set to take on YouTube star Adam Saleh at the O2 Arena in London on April 30.
But after the main event between "World's Scariest Man" Martyn Ford and The Iranian Hulk Sajad Ghabiri was cancelled, Evra's bout has now also been shelved.
Celebrity promotion Boxstar confirmed that Evra will no longer be fighting, with the entire event postponed after the loss of the showpiece fight.
A statement on Instagram read: "Boxstar, are regrettably postponing the planned event on April 30. The announcement comes after the headline fight was cancelled earlier this week.
"To lose such a big (in every sense of the word) main event has understandably been a blow to the event and to the fans.
Read More In Sport
Fury’s uncle insists Whyte grudge match is NOT ‘foregone conclusion’
Bet £10 on football and get £30 FREE BETS plus £10 casino bonus with 888 Sport
"Due to this, rather than pushing ahead with the April 30, we have instead made the difficult decision to postpone the event.
"Anyone who has bought tickets for the April 30 show will be entitled to a full refund."
The event was also set to feature former Spurs midfielder Jamie O'Hara against Kris Boyson.
Evra had been working hard in training for his ring debut, showing off hisimpressive glove work to fans last month.
Most read in Boxing
'ROUGH FIGHTING MAN'
Fury's uncle insists Whyte grudge match is NOT ‘foregone conclusion’
'ROUGH FIGHTING MAN'
Canelo rejects catchweight bout against Bivol, says Hearn, as Mexican beefs up
Fury wants to ‘put on a show’ for record crowd in Whyte bout claims Warren
Ryan Garcia wins return on points against Emmanuel Tagoe after 15 months out
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Ford had initially said the event would still go ahead despite his clash with The Iranian Hulk being cancelled.
But now the entire card has been cancelled, with no announcement as to when Evra will finally make his boxing debut.
The Frenchman retired from football back in 2019 after a trophy-filled career, but clearly missed competing, and announced last month he would be donning boxing gloves for a fight with Saleh.
American Saleh, who has a record of two wins and one draw in exhibition bouts, was contacted by newly-formed promotion BoxStar to face Evra.
Patrice Evra boxing fight vs Adam Saleh – how to watch as United legend steps in to the ring
Source: Read Full Article