UFC 254: Khabib vs Gaethje – UK start time, TV channel, live stream, prelims and card for Fight Island event – The Sun
KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV makes his return to the Octagon to take on Justin Gaethje at UFC 254.
Fight Island in Abu Dhabi plays host to the hugely-anticipated UFC Lightweight Championship clash.
When is UFC 254?
- UFC 254 takes place on Saturday, October 24.
- The event will start an early time to capitalise on the European fanbase for Russian ace Khabib, with the early prelims kicking off 3.15pm GMT. This is 11.15am Eastern Time in the US and 7.15pm in Abu Dhabi.
- UFC president Dana White said: “It will be time-friendly for the European audience. "It will happen in the afternoon in the US."
What time does UFC 254 start?
- The early prelims begin at 3.15pm GMT.
- The prelims gets underway at 5pm GMT.
- Then the main card starts at 7pm GMT, with the huge main event of Khabib vs Gaethje expected around 9pm.
What TV channel and live stream is UFC 254 on?
UFC 254 will be broadcast on BT Sports Box Office in the UK, and ESPN+ in the US.
Th event costs £19.95 on BT Sport Box Office to purchase.
The early prelims will be shown on UFC's Fight Pass app.
What is the fight card and prelims?
Khabib, 32, fights for the first time since the death of his father and coach, Abdulmanap, who passed away in July.
The Russian was last in the Octagon in September 2019 at UFC 242 when he defeated Dustin Poirier with a rear-naked choke in the third round.
Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier is the co-main event, and will be watched eagerly by middleweight champ Israel Adesanya.
Main card (from 7pm GMT/ 3pm EST)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje (UFC Lightweight Championship)
- Robert Whittaker vs Jared Cannonier (Middleweight – co-main)
- Alexander Volkov vs Walt Harris (Heavyweight)
- Islam Makhachev vs Rafael dos Anjos (Lightweight)
- Cynthia Calvillo vs Lauren Murphy (Women's Flyweight)
- Magomed Ankalaev vs Ion Cutelaba (Light Heavyweight)
- Stefan Struve vs Tai Tuivasa (Heavyweight)
- Jacob Malkoun vs Phil Hawes (Middleweight)
- Alex Oliveira vs Shavkat Rakhmonov (Welterweight)
- Jung Da Un vs Sam Alvey (Light Heavyweight)
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs Sergey Morozov (Bantamweight)
- Liana Jojua vs Miranda Maverick (Women's Flyweight)
- Nathaniel Wood vs Casey Kenney (Catchweight)
- Joel Alvarez vs Alexander Yakovlev (Lightweight)
What have they said?
Khabib: "I'm going to try wrestling with him. If he's going to defend my takedown one time, I'm going to try a second, third. I'm gonna try 100 times. And of course I'm going to box with him, I'm going to kick with him.
"He's going to be kickboxing and wrestling, a mix. I'm going to make him tired.
"This is my goal. And maybe in round number 3, round number 4, my plan is finish him."
Gaethje: "I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna try and break his face, I promise you.
"I am prepared and you can bet your bottom dollar I will not go out like no b****!"
Dana White, UFC president: "This is the fight capital of the world, right now. The infrastructure that’s here, all the cool things to do, I think that fans are gonna flock here as soon as this thing opens up."
Source: Read Full Article