Keep Strictly confidential, Anton Du Beke begs leakers
Strictly: Anton Du Beke slams 'mole' for spoiling exit results
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The judge said “nobody wants to know” the result before the BBC show, filmed on Saturday, airs on Sunday evenings.
The audience watching the live broadcast from Elstree Studios in Hertfordshire is sworn to secrecy and told not to post on social media about who has been voted out.
Speaking on ITV’s Loose Women Anton, 56, blasted the spoilers. He said: “It gets on my nerves. Please stop. Don’t do it. Why would you do it? They call you a spoiler for a reason – because you’re a spoiler.”
However Dave Thorp, who has been publishing the identity of the axed pairings on his website Strictly Spoiler every Saturday evening since 2012, was unrepentant.
He gets tip-offs from moles in the audience. Speaking at his home in Preston, Lancashire, he said: “I’m just providing a service and am not spoiling anyone’s enjoyment. I don’t put the results up for everyone to see and they have to search for my site to find out the results.
“There is an appetite from people who want to know the results before Sunday. It could be argued that the BBC is to blame for recording something which is of massive interest the day before.”
Meanwhile it has been revealed the show was hit by illness last week with four stars feeling “very very ill”.
Fleur East shared the news on her radio show yesterday saying Hamza Yassin,Will Mellor and Kym Marsh all had flu.
Her dance partner Vito Coppola was also really ill. Fleur, 34, added: “I got one full day of rehearsal with him.”
“He was in bed – he didn’t move for two days. But I think when you have that added pressure you just pull it out from somewhere.”
Strictly returns on Saturday for its BBC centenary special.
Source: Read Full Article