Brothers suffocate after accidentally locking themselves in fridge
Two brothers aged four and six suffocate to death after accidentally locking themselves in an old fridge while playing hide and seek
- Brothers, aged 6 and 4, suffocated after accidentally locking themselves in
- Police found the children in an old fridge in the courtyard near their house
- It is thought fridge is old Soviet model which couldn’t be opened from the inside
Two young brothers suffocated to death after accidentally locking themselves in a fridge left near their house in Kyrgyzstan.
Brothers David, 6, and Nikita, 4, were reportedly playing hide-and-seek in the village of Mikhaylovka in eastern Kyrgyzstan’s Issyk-Kul Region at the time.
It is understood that the elder brother hid in an old fridge that was left in the courtyard near their house after it broke down.
Police believe Nikita found his brother in the fridge during the game and apparently climbed inside as well.
David, 6, and Nikita, 4, died after elder brother David hid in an old fridge and Nikita climbed in after him
But while the boys were inside, the door shut and locked automatically.
The kids could not break free from the trap because this type of fridge, manufactured in Soviet-era times, cannot be opened from the inside, reports say.
Soon after the boys’ disappearance, their parents started searching for them.
The 28-year-old Roman and his 27-year-old wife Yulia combed the whole village trying to find the boys.
After several hours of unsuccessful searches, the worried parents reported the missing kids to the police.
When officers arrived at the scene, they searched the family’s house first then the courtyard and found the children in the fridge.
The distraught parents tried to resuscitate their children by performing CPR – but it was too late.
A police spokesperson said to local media: ‘The parents became worried after they had not been hearing the voices of their children for a while and started searching for them.
‘The children were last seen playing in the courtyard near their house.
‘Five hours later they were found in the fridge. They could not open the fridge from inside and died of suffocation.’
Police are treating the incident as an accident.
Authorities said they couldn’t get out because the old Soviet fridge could not be opened from the inside
Source: Read Full Article