Coney Island drive-by is one of three fatal NYC shootings overnight
A man was killed and two others injured in a drive-by shooting in Coney Island early Wednesday — one of at least three people killed across the Big Apple overnight, police said Wednesday.
The 25-year old was among a trio of people found with gunshot wounds by cops who responded to shots fired just before 2 a.m. on West 16 Street and Neptune Avenue, the NYPD said.
He had been shot in the chest and was pronounced dead after being rushed to NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn, police said. He has not been identified pending family notification.
Two others were also injured as sources say at least six shots were fired in the drive-by attack, cops said.
A 37-year old man was hit in the buttocks and right ankle, while a 26-year old man was hit in the right forearm, the NYPD said. Both were listed as being in stable condition in NYC Health & Hospitals/Coney Island.
No arrests had been made in the ongoing investigation, the NYPD said.
The murder was just one of three fatal shootings overnight — with 43-year-old mom Bertha Arriaga hit in the head by a stray bullet that came through her Flushing bedroom window around 12:45 a.m., police said.
Source: Read Full Article