Footballer tasered and shot dead by cops after body found in apartment and boy, 6, seriously injured is pictured

A FOOTBALLER who was shot dead by cops after they found a body and seriously injured child in an apartment has been pictured for the first time.

Kelvin Odinaka Igweani, 24, was tasered and shot four times by police last month after they were called to a “serious disturbance” at a home in Milton Keynes.

Cops raced to the scene after neighbours reported hearing a “horrible commotion” at the first floor property and forced their way in. 

They found the body of a man in his 30s and a badly injured boy, six, along with a woman and girl who appeared unharmed. 

Odinaka Igweani was inside, with officers firing shots after their taser proved ineffective during the horror raid.

The footballer is reported to have played for lower league teams in Germany, including Westfalia Wickede in Dortmund.

Sports director Emre Konya told German outlet Ruhr Nachrichten: "He was a really nice guy.

"The news really took me away. When I heard that, I immediately had a lump in my throat."

Emergency services were called to the scene and Mr Odinaka Igweani was given first aid but was pronounced dead at about 9.40am Saturday June 26.

One neighbour told The Times that an officer had left the property carrying a boy with blood on his face. The child was then rushed to hospital.

They said: “My wife was taking the rubbish out and that’s when she heard a scream. 

“It was a man screaming and then she saw a police officer bring a young boy out and she could see blood on the boy’s face or head”. 

One man living near the apartment said the family had only been living in the property for “a few months”, and described the couple as “quite friendly”. 

The families of both men have been informed by officers of the incident. 

The young child who was removed from the property was rushed to hospital in a serious condition.

An investigation has been launched into the tragedy and Thames Valley Police has referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

And as forensic teams scoured the six-flat block and surrounding gardens and pavements, shocked neighbours told of the horror.

Algars Vilsons told how he was disturbed by “a really weird sound” while sitting on his sofa playing computer games.

He said: “It sounded like someone was beating a dog. It sounded really horrible, it was really weird and I knew something was not right.”

Algars, 28, whose maisonette is at a right angle to the flat, said: “I heard all this commotion, there was shouting  and screaming and swearing. It was going on for nearly 30 minutes. I had no idea what it was all about but it was a big row going on.

The bakery production operator told The Sun: “The windows were open and I heard a man keep telling a woman ‘He’s not dead, he’s alive. Trust me, I’m your husband.’

“The woman sounded hysterical and the man kept repeating that ‘he’s not dead.’

“Lots of police turned up and I saw a young child who looked injured being carried out of the flat by an officer.

“Then a woman came out and about half an hour a second child was carried out by a police officer.

“I don’t know the people involved but it was a shocking situation. It’s normally so quiet and peaceful and  we’ve never had any trouble here before.”

Assistant Chief Constable Christian Bunt, said at the time: “What has happened this morning can only be described as absolutely tragic and will no doubt have an impact on the community.

“Our thoughts are with those who have been impacted by this incident. 

“Our Major Crime Unit are working closely with the IOPC to understand exactly what has happened. 

“At this stage no one else is being sought in relation to this investigation and we are seeking to support everyone involved.

“Members of the community will see an increased police presence. We would ask anyone who has any concerns or information to please speak to one of our uniformed officers.

“We are also asking members of the public who may have information to please call 101 or report online quoting reference 20210626-0652 or if they wish to remain anonymous they can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

    Source: Read Full Article