Horrific injuries of babysitter, 39, mauled by Husky in terrifying 45-minute ordeal

A BABYSITTER has revealed the "horrific" 45-minute attack she suffered at the jaws of her friend’s pet HUSKY.

Rachel Anderson, 39, was looking after her pal Adel Johnson's two kids when the dog nearly ripped off her arm.

The ferocious beast locked its jaws on her face, before pulling her to the floor and dragging her into the kitchen.

Mum-of-two Rachel, from Skegness, screamed in agony while fearing if she'd never make it out alive.

She told the Real Fix podcast: "The dog went for me and grabbed my arm and dragged me off the settee and dragged me into the kitchen.

"It was about 45 minutes that it attacked me.

"It was just like one minute it was just making this horrific noise and holding on to my arm and then other times it was ragging me side to side – that was when the pain was absolutely excruciating.”

I still dream about the noise. It was a low growling. It was as if it was growling at a bone.

She added: “All I could see was blood coming from my face all over the dog, and the noises that the dog was making was actually the most scary bit.

"The bits I still dream about now is the noise. It was a low growling. It was as if it was growling at a bone.

"I was on its bed. It took me to where it wanted to be. I was trying anything.

"I was looking around the kitchen to see if there was anything I could stab it with.

"I actually didn't believe it was happening at first. I was thinking 'this can't be happening, this can't be real, what the hell'."


The attack only stopped when one of the children grabbed a knife and stabbed the dog in the back side, causing it to release its grip.

The dog was thrown out into the garden by the young girl and was later shot to dead by cops.

During nearly two months in hospital she had ten operations to clean the wound, stitch it up and carry out skin grafts.

She caught a severe infection which "ate" her arm muscle and had to take antibiotics for 12 weeks.

All I could see was blood coming from my face all over the dog.

The skin grafts from the top of her arm refused to take, and doctors feared they'd have to amputate.

But the limb was saved when medics sewed it inside her stomach for four weeks to get new skin to grow back.

Nearly a year on, police have dropped the case but Rachel can't work and is still receiving treatment for her injuries, and unable to use her right hand properly.

She said: "It changed my life forever. I don't take life for granted. Anything can happen at any time.

"You think you are invincible and bad stuff don't happen to you, and when it does, you kind of realise that you have to take every moment as it comes.

"Enjoy it, and enjoy my children. Sit and read to them. Forget about all the other things in life. I don't care what anyone thinks of me.

"I am a bit paranoid about my scars, but even then I just think 'whatever'.”

Source: Read Full Article