Horror mystery as Brit dad and son found dead with the rest of their family unconscious in 'suspected poisoning’ | The Sun
A BRITISH dad and his son have been found dead alongside their unconscious family after a suspected poisoning in Bangladesh.
The family of five was discovered at a flat in the city of Sylhet in the eastern part of the country on Monday.
Local cops identified the father as Rafiqul Islam, a taxi driver in his 50s, who was found dead alongside his 16-year-old son Michael.
Rafiqul's wife Hosne Ara Islam, 40, their daughter Samira Islam, 19, and son Sadikul Islam, 21, were also found unconscious and were rushed to a local hospital.
One of the children is also said to be fighting for life.
The family, all British citizens from Riverside Cardiff, travelled to the country earlier this month, according to Wales Online.
READ MORE WORLD NEWS
Brit BBC worker found dead in Kenya hotel room as cops launch murder probe
Brit tourist dies as lifeless body found on sunbed on Crete beach
Police have confirmed they came to Bangladesh on July 12 and that they moved into the flat where they were found on July 18.
On Monday, July 25, police say the family fell asleep in the same room after eating a meal.
The following day, between 10am and 10.30am, their relatives attempted to force their way into the family's flat when they were unable to make contact.
The police were called and arrived to find the door locked and after breaking in found all five family members inside.
Read More on The Sun
A life-changing bikini top hack which means you will never have to tie it again
I’m suing the council for £20k over fungus in my BATHROOM
District superintendent Uddin says police believe the incident is a case of poisoning but an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
He told Wales Online: "After discussing the overall situation with the doctors and inspecting the scene we believe this may have been a case of poisoning. The investigation is ongoing into whether it is poisoning or something else."
He also confirmed that close relatives of the family lived in the same building. Speaking to local media on Tuesday he said: “The other people in the building are close relatives of the victims. We questioned them.
At the moment we believe they fell asleep after dinner last night. This must be investigated further. How were they poisoned? How did they die? We will be able to confirm after an investigation.”
One neighbour of the family in Cardiff said: "My [family member] called me in the morning saying two passed and that three members of the family were in hospital.
Most read in News
BY HER SIDE
Rishi Sunak rushed to Kate McCann & held her hand after debate host fainted
BY HER SIDE
Mum's tribute to 'wonderful boy' after Brit, 22, killed by helicopter blades
Mystery after 9-year-old twin son of Meg and Harry's pal is found dead
Critics panned Page 3 but they should have saved their outrage for Kate's snaps
I thought maybe it had been an accident and then we heard something about poisoning. What happened is just speculation at the moment. It's really sad.
"We've been living near them for more than 25 years. They are a quiet family who do their own thing. I couldn't believe it, I've been getting so many phone calls. They were just a nice, neat family. They've been away for a couple of weeks."
Source: Read Full Article