I was shocked after finding something crunchy inside my McDonald's wrap – I'm never ordering from them again | The Sun

A MUM was horrified when she heard a crunch as she bit into her McDonald's – and what she found is shocking.

Shelby Forrester was "mortified" when she discovered what was lurking inside her chicken wrap.

She was so surprised she had to ask partner Jake to confirm what she saw.

They had a found none other than a snail, stuck three bites from the bottom of the wrap.

Shelby, from Hodnet, Shropshire, said: "I won't be eating at McDonald's again.

"I got literally two or three bites from the bottom and felt a crunch in my mouth. I was expecting it to be a piece of chicken.

Read More

I’m a foodie – how to make a McDonalds breakfast in the Air Fryer

McDonald’s menu items AXED so far this year: See the full list of changes

"I spat it out and I was in silence for about ten minutes. My partner asked what was wrong with me so I asked him to have a look at the wrap and clarify what it was because I was absolutely mortified at it.

"He said 'that's a snail' and I said 'I know'. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know whether to run to the sink and throw up or be angry.

"It was in my mouth, I crunched it, it was squished. I instantly spat it out and out came the snail. It makes me feel disgusted and violated.

"I was paranoid it had given me some kind of disease because snails do carry all kinds of diseases."

Most read in The Sun


Popular high street shop is 'lining up administrators' in race to save chain


Reality TV legend will replace David Walliams as judge on BGT


Woman died when car plunged into icy lake after she was 'raped by colleague'


Mum and kid killed 'on way to nursery' after TT hits them & driver arrested

Shelby said she was relived the slimy animal had been in her meal rather than Jake's, because he probably would have blindly kept eating.

The couple binned the rest of their food and phoned the chain to complain.

They were asked to return to the venue and were offered another free meal – which they declined.

"I said I wanted my money back and for it to be taken further," the 25-year-old added.

"I would like some kind of compensation for having a snail in my mouth.

"At the time I didn't know what to say or do. It doesn't make me feel happy and I don't think I'll be able to eat salads out in a restaurant again.

"They were asking me how it had got in there and I told them I had no idea, I was eating it and I spat the snail out. It was definitely in there.

"It was like they thought I'd gone into my garden, picked up a snail and put it in my wrap for a free meal."

The horrified care worker claimed McDonald's head office gave her a ring the following day to apologise and inform her the snail would be tested at a lab.

Shelby used to visit McDonald's twice a month but has vowed never to eat there again.

"I was a fan of McDonalds, they aren't gourmet meals but they're quick and easy and quite nice burgers. That's it for me with McDonald's."

A McDonald's spokesperson said: "Food quality is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.

"When the customer brought this matter to the attention of our restaurant team we immediately apologised and offered a full refund. Our Customer Services team has also been in contact with the customer to offer our apologies and help find a resolution."

This comes as another couple found a frog in their pack of spinach – and it had lived nine days in their fridge.

Katherine Bacon, 32, spotted the reptile’s belly pressed up against the sealed packaging when she went to prepare a meal.

She screamed to husband James who thought it was dead until he gave it a prod.

James, 36, said: “It was over 10cm long.

“It woke up and started walking around the bag.

Read More on The Sun

I’m a speed camera officer… here are three myths drivers always get wrong

You’re charging your iPhone wrong – how to make it charge much faster

“We were wondering what we were going to do.

“Our main priority was to make sure the lizard was OK.”

Source: Read Full Article