Iran’s naval chief threatens to down more US drones
In this image released by the US Air Force, a RQ-4 Global Hawk unmanned surveillance drone lands on August 16, 2018, at Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska. – The Pentagon confirmed on June 20, 2019, that Iranian forces shot down a US naval surveillance drone but insisted the aircraft was in international air space, not that of Iran. (Photo: TRISTAN D. VIGLIANCO, AFP/Getty Images)
Iran’s naval chief is threatening the United States, saying Tehran is capable of shooting down other American spy drones such as the one downed last week by Revolutionary Guard forces.
The semi-official Tasnim news agency carried Rear Adm. Hossein Khanzadi’s warning on Monday, made during a meeting with a group of defense officials.
Khanzadi says Iran can always deliver another “crushing response … and the enemy knows it.”
President Donald Trump last week called off military strikes against Iran after the Iranians shot down U.S. surveillance drone, valued at over $100 million, on Thursday.
Iran alleges that the drone violated its airspace, which the U.S. denies.
Trump, however, has also said that he appreciated Iran’s decision to not shoot down a manned U.S. spy plane carrying 30 people in the same area as the drone.
Source: Read Full Article