Holly Willoughby in crisis talks over fears shell quit This Morning over queue jumping row
ITV This Morning’s Holly Willoughby is said to be in “crisis talks” with the broadcaster after the recent backlash over claims she “queue jumped” to see the Queen Lying-in-State with co-host Phillip Schofield.
The TV presenters have strenuously denied claims that they skipped the queue at Westminster Hall and that they were instead in the “press queue” with accreditation which is given to journalists and broadcasters.
After addressing the backlash on Tuesday’s This Morning, Holly, 41, is said to have ITV fearful she will leave the show after she was left in “floods of tears” over the recent drama.
The presenter is said to be in “crisis talks” after being left disappointed that ITV didn’t address the scandal sooner, despite releasing a statement on Saturday defending the hosts.
A source told MailOnline: “Phillip and Holly are dumbstruck at the level of anger they've received in the past few days.
“They felt ITV should have made it clearer, right away, that it was part of a broadcast.
A source said: “When they started being bombarded with messages via social media they were simply stunned. They've been left astonished at the way the whole thing has mushroomed.
“That's the main reason they wanted something to be said on Saturday [when This Morning issued a statement] and why they were insistent the show needed to address it head on on Tuesday.
“Holly, in particular, has been left totally distraught by this. She's been in floods of tears at some of the things she's been called and of the behaviour she's been accused of.
“She'd never jump a queue or behave in that way and is heartbroken that people think she would.
“Producers and staff at This Morning are rallying round. They are a close knit team but there is a concern at how it has impacted on Holly and has left many wondering if it's pushed her close to the exit.”
On Tuesday’s show the pair addressed the recent backlash, insisting they were given “official permission” to have access to the historic room.
Holly said in a VT: "Like hundreds of accredited broadcasters and journalists, we were given official permission to access the hall.
"It was strictly for the purpose of reporting on the event for millions of people in the UK, who haven't been able to visit Westminster in person.
"The rules were that we would be quickly escorted around the edges to a platform at the back, in contrast, those paying respect walked along a carpeted area besides the coffin and were given time to pause.
"None of the broadcasters and journalists there took anyone's place in the queue and no one filed past the Queen. We of course respected those rules.
"However, we realise that it may have looked like something else… and therefore totally understand the reaction. Please know, that we would never jump a queue!"
ITV previously said in a statement: "This Morning had press accreditation and like other media, Phillip and Holly were escorted to work from the press gallery by government staff.
"They did not file past The Queen's coffin. They were there alongside a host of other broadcasters and national press outlets for an item that will be broadcast on Tuesday's show.
"Any allegations of improper behaviour are categorically untrue."
OK! has contacted ITV and Holly Willoughby for comment.
Mel B makes pointed GMB dig at 'Queen queue jumpers' amid Holly and Phil backlash
The Chase's Anne Hegerty defends Holly and Phil's 'queue jump' after public outcry
Royal staff left 'fuming' over celebrities using priority lanes to see the Queen's coffin
This Morning quietly ditches energy bills prize on Spin To Win after Ofcom complaints
To read the very best of today’s Ok! content from breaking news to Royals and TV – CLICK HERE
Source: Read Full Article