Jess Glynne’s record of pulling out of events last minute as she’s handed ban
Jess Glynne has been banned from performing at the Isle of Wight Festival for life after she cancelled her gig just minutes before she was due on stage in what appears to be the habit of a lifetime.
In a long Instagram statement she slammed fans who were disappointed in the cancellation, blaming it on anxiety and exhaustion and saying she shouldn't have to explain herself.
But it was then claimed Jess, 29, was out partying with the Spice Girls until 7am just hours before she was due on stage following her stint as their support act.
And it turns out this wasn't a one off for the Rather Be singer who has a track record for pulling out gigs – and sometimes at the very last minute. Here's everything you need to know…
Isle of Wight Festival 2019
Fans gathered to see Jess at the Isle of Wight Festival over the weekend but just 10 minutes before she was due on it was announced she wouldn't be performing.
Festival boss John Giddings appeared on stage to say the gig had been cancelled, leaving some of her fans in tears.
Her management initially blamed her no show on exhaustion and Jess put her decision to cancel down to anxiety.
She wrote on Instagram: "I was incredibly weak and full of anxiety. I can’t help that my body sometimes gives up on me. I am so, so gutted, sorry and upset I couldn't perform."
Jess had supported the Spice Girls at Wembley Stadium the night before, and stayed behind for the afterparty, which was attended by celebrity superfans including Adele.
She was seen leaving the stadium at 5am on Sunday with some friends and Mel B and they continued partying at a nearby hotel until at least 7am.
Mr Giddings has now slammed her "shocking" behaviour and banned her from the festibal.
He said: "She will never be booked to play the Isle of Wight again."
Isle of Wight 2015
This wasn't even the first time Jess has pulled out of the Isle of Wight festival, as she had to cancel her gig in 2015 to undergo vocal chord surgery.
She made the announcement just a week before the event and was replaced by Ella Eyre.
Jess said at the time: "I am so so sad to tell you that I'm having to have vocal surgery next week. I'm so sorry and it kills me but I have to cancel some forthcoming shows and festivals.
"I'm a little scared but I will be back singing better than ever very soon!"
Big Weekend 2019
Jess pulled out of Radio 1’s Big Weekend just before she was due to take the stage in Middlesbrough this year.
The news was broken to the booing crowd of thousands of music fans by Radio 1 breakfast show host Greg James.
He said the Thursday singer was unable to perform after losing her voice.
The flame-haired hitmaker had to pull out her BRITs Week gig in February due to medical advice.
The cancellation came just a week before the show.
She was once again put on vocal rest and the gig was rearranged for months later on May 22nd.
Mel C was due to support her at the original gig but couldn't make the second date.
New Zealand tour
Jess cancelled her gigs in New Zealand in 2016, blaming a chest infection.
Not one to break an old habit, she cancelled just days before she was due on stage, leaving thousands of fans devastated,
Around 5000 people were expected to attend the concert.
Jess pulled out of Glastonbury 2015 to undergo vocal chord surgery, the same year she first pulled out of the Isle of Wight Festival.
It was under two weeks before the five-day event kicked off.
She also didn't make Wireless, T in the Park and Splendour that year.
Mirror Online has contacted Jess Glynne's reps for comment.
Source: Read Full Article