Mum cooks roast dinner after avoiding jail over vodka-fuelled ‘night of madness’

A relieved mum has narrowly avoided jail after a "night of madness" involving a car crash, vandalising an ex-partner's car and spitting at a police officer.

Ann-Marie Addinall, 30, pleaded guilty to two dangerous driving offences, two assault by beating charges, criminal damage and drink driving at Hull Crown Court yesterday.

Handing out a year-long jail sentence – which was suspended for two years – Judge John Thackray QC told the mum-of-four she was "extremely fortunate".

A jubilant Addinall later celebrated her reprieve with a roast dinner, posting a picture to Facebook with the caption: "I should not go to prison more often."

Her alcohol-fueled spree began when she got behind the wheel of her car while intoxicated.

CCTV cameras captured her heavy night out in Hull on April 27, in which she and friends consumed eight double vodka and cokes.

After approaching a set of traffic lights, she collided with the car in front of her – provoking two passengers, a mother and daughter, to get out and confront her, Hull Live reports .

The pair, who were returning from a cinema trip in the city, said Addinall had not "taken much notice of the damage and tried to drive away".

The older woman was then sent flying onto the pavement when she ripped Addinall's keys out the ignition, causing the car to come to a juddering halt.

The victim suffered a head injury, which required five stitches.

Hull Crown Court heard that it has left her with a bald spot, and suffers from recurring nightmares about the night.

Continuing her rampage, Addinall then made her way to an ex-partner's home, after phoning him and hearing a woman's voice on the line.

Arriving roughly 20 minutes after the car crash, she proceeded to etch something "unpleasant" into the bumper of his car, which has cost "around £6,600 to repair", prosecutor Stephen Welch said.

With a flat tyre, Addinall then drove almost 13 miles to an address near her former home, telling authorities she was trying to find a friend's address, where she intended to repair the tyre.

But she was halted at about 1.35am after police officers noticed the mother driving "on just the rim of the tyre," Mr Welch said.

He added that Addinall became "aggressive" and spat at one of the officers while she was being detained.

Mr Welch said: “When they breathalysed her, they found she was 1.5 times the drink drive limit.”

Source: Read Full Article