How many penalties have been given at Euro 2020 so far?
EURO 2020 has arrived and fans will be dreaming of their countries securing the coveted trophy.
Meanwhile managers will be hoping for disciplined performances from their sides.
And with VAR in play, defenders will have to be extra careful to avoid conceding any penalties.
How many penalties have there been at Euro 2020?
There have been five penalties awarded at Euro 2020 so far.
The penalties awarded in the tournament are as follows:
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (missed) – DENMARK vs Finland
- Cristiano Ronaldo (scored) – PORTUGAL vs Hungary
- Gareth Bale (missed) – WALES vs Turkey
- Ezgjan Alioski (missed) – NORTH MACEDONIA vs Ukraine
- Ruslan Malinovskiy (missed) – UKRAINE vs North Macedonia
- Memphis Depay (scored) – HOLLAND vs Austria
How many penalties were awarded at World Cup 2018?
World Cup 2018 was the first tournament to use VAR.
And the result of that was that more penalties were awarded than ever before.
29 penalties were awarded with 22 scored and seven missed or saved.
All of those numbers were records.
Source: Read Full Article