I had dreams of boxing for England but my life of crime put me in a Thai prison where I slept next to a dead body | The Sun

THIS former boxer dreamed of representing England on the global stage.

But a life of crime saw him put behind bars in Thailand — where he ended up sleeping next to a dead body.

Billy Moore hails from Liverpool and was once a promising schoolboy fighter.

The bruiser won most of his 16 bouts, leading to dreams of boxing for England while pursuing a career in the army.

But Moore ended up spiralling into a life of crime with burglary and drug-related offences.

And his first stint behind bars came when he was just 17 years old.


AJ’s promoter wants to set up talks with Fury’s team after Franklin bout

Bet £5 on Euro 2024 qualifiers and get £20 in free bets with Ladbrokes

Moore then left Merseyside in 2005 for a new life in Thailand.

He spent his time teaching and boxing, and even got a gig as a stuntman for Hollywood film Rambo 4.

However, Moore soon found himself on the wrong side of the law again.

And he spent a total of 11 years behind bars in Thailand for crimes including handling stolen goods.

Most read in Boxing


Joshua poses on the red carpet alongside celebs ahead of return fight


Benn set to fight Eubank Jr in Middle East summer clash after failed drug test


'Diva' Fury accused of ducking Usyk and blamed for fight's collapse


AJ admits he's on last chance and career may be over with Franklin loss


Moore wrote a book about his experience called A Prayer Before Dawn, which became a move in 2017.

And he has now opened up on his horrific first night in a Thai prison, which included having to sleep next to a corpse.

Moore told LadBible: “That [dead body] was my first introduction to 309, which is the newcomers’ cell.

“When I went in, on a Friday, I was told to sleep in the far corner, and in the corner was a body that was just lying still with a sheet over his face.

“And I was under the influence of drugs as well, I was quite heavily sedated, but I knew something wasn’t right.

“The guy next to me had died earlier on in the day, but because it was a Thai bank holiday they couldn’t move him until after the weekend.

“So he was just left in there for three days.”

Source: Read Full Article