Mum of ‘children found dead in storage auction suitcase’ pleads ‘I didn’t do it’ as she’s paraded with jacket over head | The Sun
A WOMAN arrested on suspicion of murdering her two children whose bodies were found in suitcases today insisted she's innocent.
As cops in South Korea paraded her with a jacket over her head she cried out "I didn't do it" following the discovery of the bodies in cases bought at a Storage Wars-style auction in New Zealand.
The boy and girl are thought to have been decomposing in the bags for four years before they were chillingly discovered by an unwitting family in Auckland.
The South Korea-born New Zealand citizen was arrested at a flat in Ulsan, 190 miles south east of the capital Seoul after cops received a tip off and put her under surveillance.
"I didn't do it," the woman said repeatedly, as she was led away and put into a police vehicle.
South Korea's National Police Agency said officers arrested the woman "following a stakeout " after being told of her whereabouts and gathering CCTV footage.
Read more world news
Editor of Vladimir Putin’s favourite paper dies ‘suddenly’ on business trip
Moment woman pulls gun on bank staff & demands OWN money for cancer treatment
"The suspect is accused by the New Zealand police of having murdered her two children – aged seven and 10 at the time – in around 2018 in the Auckland area," said the agency.
"She's been found to have arrived in South Korea after the crime and has been in hiding ever since."
The woman, who denies the murder allegations, was arrested after global police agency Interpol issued a red notice, said the police agency.
She has been charged with two counts of murder after the youngsters were found on August 11 in Manurewa, Auckland.
New Zealand authorities must submit the formal request for her extradition to the South Korean Justice Ministry within 45 days.
Most read in The Sun
Harry and Meghan 'furious' as Archie and Lilibet will NOT get HRH status
Joe Swash lands BIG TV hosting job – his first since marriage to Stacey Solomon
Putin's car 'attacked' in 'assassination attempt over Ukraine invasion'
EastEnders fans all have the same complaint about Sharon Watts
The ministry will then decide whether to proceed with an extradition review at the Seoul High Court to rule whether she would be sent to New Zealand.
Detective Inspector Tofilau Faamanuia Vaaelua said: "NZ Police have applied to have her extradited back to New Zealand to face the charges and have requested she remain in custody whilst awaiting the completion of the extradition process.
“In the meantime, there is a number of inquiries to be completed both in New Zealand and overseas."
The woman was snared by cops under a warrant from Korean Courts after police contacted Interpol.
It comes after it was revealed the dad of two dead children died of cancer.
The Korean-born New Zealander arrived in South Korea in 2018 and has not left the Asian country since then.
But police have now revealed her husband died of cancer in 2017, Stuff.co.nz reported.
The couple were both from Seoul, South Korea but married in New Zealand.
The two children who were found in the cases are a girl born in 2009 and a boy born in 2012.
Their remains were discovered by a family sifting through the contents of an abandoned storage unit in New Zealand after they won it in an auction.
Read More on The Sun
The Queen’s secret signal using a lipstick revealed by former royal footman
Mystery as Queen’s undertaker removes hearse window ad during six hour drive
Cops arrived at their house in Auckland after being called in by the shaken buyers, as neighbours reported a hideous smell coming from the home.
A murder investigation was launched on August 12, and police confirmed the family who found the bodies were not connected to the deaths.
Source: Read Full Article