Son who murdered his parents by stabbing them more than 300 times before mutilating his dad's corpse is jailed for life | The Sun

A MAN murdered his parents by knifing them more than 300 times in a frenzied attack – before mutilating his dad's corpse.

Lee Tipping, 36, was sentenced to life behind bars with a minimum term of 27 years today for the horror killing in November last year.

He stabbed father Anthony Tipping, 60, more than 162 times.

The victim suffered 65 wounds to his chest and 15 to his abdomen, as well as a series of "very unusual" injuries that are believed to have been inflicted after he died.

The killer also used an aerosol and lighter as a flamethrower during the explosion of violence.

Mum Patricia Livesey, 57, had been stabbed 153 times. Some 67 wounds were inflicted to her chest, and she had suffered three stab wounds around her eyes.

Read more on UK news

Inside ‘Britain’s Chernobyl’ where 20 people live in 430 flats & homes cost £7k

Drivers warned roads could go into weekend ‘meltdown’ as strikes hit hol getaway

Both victims had also been badly beaten before they died at their home in Higher Walton, Lancashire.

Ms Livesey had a black eye and a shoulder injury. It's believed she was battered with a weapon.

In the moments before she was killed, she messaged her sister: "Please God, I hope someone will help us."

Tipping, who has long-standing mental health problems, denied two counts of murder – but was found guilty by jurors at Preston Crown Court following a gruelling four-week trial.

Most read in The Sun


Thomas Tuchel holidays with new Brazilian girlfriend, 35, days after divorce


I was on Love Island – Paige is fake & b*tchy but cameras never show it


Neighbours actor slams show for caving into 'cancel culture' by snubbing him

'can't find the words'

Kate Ferdinand 'devastated & heartbroken' as she reveals miscarriage

It was heard that the victims had been to a pub with Ms Livesey's sister Catherine Riding and her husband Martin on the night of November 19 last year.

While they were out, Mr Tipping received a phone call from his son, who said he'd "kicked the bedroom door down".

Ms Livesey was "anxious" and appeared "scared to go home", her sister said.

Chillingly, she told Mrs Riding: "This could be my last gin."

"She didn't want to go home," Mrs Riding told jurors.

"She'd never really said that before. I said why, and she said she just didn't want to go home. So I knew there was something."

Shortly after arriving home, at around 11.30pm, Ms Livesey texted Mrs Riding: "OK, I'll probably not sleep, he's being a f***ing shit."

Just ten minutes later, she messaged again with a plea for help. Mrs Riding called 999 when she failed to attend a dinner the following day.

After killing his parents, Tipping booked a flight to Rome and drove to Manchester Airport, where he checked into a nearby hotel under a fake name, the court heard.


When he was arrested at around 7.30pm on November 21, he claimed he had acted in self-defence.

He told police his father had been "bullying him all his life" and was "a monster" who would "fight to the death".

Tipping had admitted to killing his parents but denied murder, claiming self-defence and loss of control against his father and loss of control in relation to the death of his mother.

Detective Chief Inspector Jill Johnston, of the Force Major Investigation Team, said after the sentencing: "I welcome the life sentence handed down to Lee Tipping by the courts, which reflects the seriousness of his offending and was aggravated by his lack of remorse.

Read More on The Sun

I’ve been locked out of my home of 15 years… I deserve to live there

Thousands have just DAYS left to qualify for free cash to cover energy bills

"Although no sentence can and will never make up for the horrific, sustained and violent attack Lee subjected his parents to, I hope that Tricia and Anthony's families and friends get some sense of closure knowing that this case has now come to a conclusion.

"They have remained incredibly dignified throughout this investigation and my thoughts remain with them at this very difficult time."

    Source: Read Full Article