5.30pm Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Dangote takeover bid, Mustafi nears exit, Man Utd join Kabasele race, Calhanoglu eyed – The Sun
TRANSFER WINDOW edges towards the midway point and yet Arsenal still haven't truly got into the swing of the market.
Mikel Arteta has previously started that he wants to bring in a defender – but it could be two going out instead as Shkodran Mustafi and Konstantinos Mavropanos look set to leave.
Meanwhile, the Gunners could be set to strengthen further up field with Hakan Calhanoglu targeted.
And the club could be under new ownership next year, with Aliko Dangote looking to take over his beloved Arsenal.
Follow all the latest Arsenal transfer gossip and updates below…
Here are some of the defensive stars the Gunners sign this January…
The RB Leipzig defender, 21, has been a long-term target for the Gunners, but Barcelona could be about to steal a march on Arsenal.
The France Under-21 international is valued at £45million, a sum the Gunners could not match last summer.
He signed for Leipzig three years ago and has 18 months left on his contract.
ARSENAL are looking to up the ante in the transfer market as they look to strengthen in defence.
Yet, they could also be losing centre-backs, with one already gone and another looking to be on his way out.
Check out the latest Arsenal transfer round-up below…
- Arsenal ace Konstantinos Mavropanos completes loan transfer to FC Nurnberg despite defensive crisis
- Billionaire Aliko Dangote – Africa’s richest man worth £7.7bn – wants to buy Arsenal from hated owner Stan Kroenke
- Arsenal starlet Nketiah to ‘decide future in next 48 hours’ with Aston Villa one of four clubs who want striker on loan
- Arsenal flop Shkodran Mustafi’s agent to hold transfer talks with Galatasaray over exit despite defensive injury crisis
- Arsenal joined by AC Milan in transfer race for unhappy Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng
Arsenal are considering a loan move for AC Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu, according to reports.
The Gunners are in the market for a new midfielder as Mikel Arteta looks to strengthen in the middle of the park.
The Italians are also looking to offload the midfielder and Arsenal are ready to take him on a temporary basis, according to the Sunday Mirror.
Calhanoglu, 25, also wants to move on to get games under his belt ahead of Euro 2020 where he is hoping to secure a place in Turkey's squad.
Gunners have wished Dinos Mavropanos good luck during his loan spell with FC Nuremberg.
The 22-year-old made eight first team appearances since he joined from PAS Giannina in 2018.
Source: Read Full Article