Who has won the most World Snooker Championship titles?
RONNIE O'SULLIVAN is in the hunt to become the greatest snooker player of all time – and he is a nailed on favourite to clinch another World Championship title.
The Rocket, 46, has been in fine form at the World Snooker Championships in Sheffield this past fortnight and has the chance to become one of the all-time greats.
WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL LIVE – O'SULLIVAN VS TRUMP
The record for the most victories at the Crucible is currently held by icon Stephen Hendry.
But O'Sullivan is already part of an elite group of winners who will be considered greats of the game for generations.
Who has the most World Snooker Championship titles?
Stephen Hendry is currently the most decorated snooker player of all time.
The Scot has won at the Crucible a stunning SEVEN times.
Hendry has also been runner-up twice.
Read more in Snooker
Majestic O’Sullivan turns screw on Trump as he takes command of final
Watch Ronnie O’Sullivan fume at Crucible ref after warning over ‘gesture’
Most World Snooker Championships ranked
- Stephen Hendry (Scotland) – 7 titles
- Steve Davies (England), Ronnie O'Sullivan (England), Ray Reardon (Wales) – 6 titles
- John Higgins (Scotland), Mark Selby (England) – 4 titles
- Mark Williams (Wales), John Spencer (England) – 3 titles
- Alex Higgins (Northern Ireland) – 2 titles
- Shaun Murphy (England), Cliff Thorburn (Canada), Peter Ebdon (England), Graeme Dott (Scotland), Ken Doherty (Ireland), Dennis Taylor (Northern Ireland), Judd Trump (England), John Parrott (England), Terry Griffiths (Wales), Joe Johnson (England) – 1 title
Who has reached the most finals without winning?
That unfortunate gong belongs to the iconic Jimmy White.
The Londoner made it to the final an incredible SIX times without a single outright victory.
In 1994 he agonisingly lost a final frame decider to Hendry, who is of course codenamed the King of the Crucible.
Most read in Sport
Richarlison faces three-match ban for lobbing flare into crowd in Everton win
Watch Ronnie O'Sullivan fume at Crucible ref after warning over 'gesture'
Richarlison faces FA rap after lobbing flare into crowd as Everton star celebrates
Blackburn put Wycombe manager and lifelong fan Gareth Ainsworth on shortlist
Players who have reached the World Snooker Championship final without winning
- Jimmy White (England) – 6 finals
- Eddie Charlton (Australia), Matthew Stevens (Wales), Ali Carter (England) – 2 finals
- Barry Hawkins (England), Ding Junhui (China), Kyren Wilson (England), Nigel Bond (England), Perrie Mans (South Africa), John Pulman (England), Gary Owen (Wales), Doug Mountjoy (Wales), Graham Miles (England), Warren Simpson (Australia) – 1 final
Source: Read Full Article