How many episodes are in Line Of Duty season six on BBC One?
TV STARS Martin Compston, Adrian Dunbar and Vicky McClure are back on the beat for cult BBC show Line Of Duty.
Season six of the Jed Mercurio drama about corruption inside the police force was filmed in Northern Ireland, and introduces Kelly Macdonald as Detective Chief Inspector Joanne Davidson.
How many episodes are in Line Of Duty season 6?
Fans will be delighted to know that season six, the latest series of Line Of Duty, will feature an extra episode.
This makes it the longest series to date.
All five previous seasons have consisted of six one-hour episodes – except for the first which only had five.
However for 2021 there are seven episodes instead of the usual six.
The cop drama moved to BBC One in 2016 after the third series became the highest rated drama series on BBC Two.
What is Line Of Duty about?
Line Of Duty is a crime thriller focused on the investigations of Anti-Corruption Unit 12 (AC-12).
The long-running programme is one of the darkest and most unpredictable shows on TV thanks to its love of killing off major characters just when you least expect it.
The professional standards department of fictional Central Police hunts down bent coppers – including the mysterious high-ranking rogue officer known as "H".
At the heart of the cult show, which first aired in 2012, is the dream team of Superintendent Ted Hastings (Adrian Dunbar), DS Steve Arnott (Martin Compston) and DS Kate Fleming (Vicky McClure).
They've regularly starred in the Jed Mercurio drama about corruption inside the police force.
Back in 2017, The Sun wrote about Bafta-winning movie star Thandie Newton joining the cast in series four "because it’s the best thing on British TV".
With its extremely tense 30-minute interrogation scenes and detailed police procedures, it’s changed the face of investigative dramas.
Jed said: “We were the first to start doing police interviews in a way that was more authentic.”
He's a stickler for detail when it comes to portraying an ongoing investigation.
He added: “We’re very careful about things on set.
“We define what the crime scene is and we don’t have people walking through it."
Who is in the Line Of Duty cast?
AC-12 – the police anti-corruption unit – is back investigating bent coppers.
Series creator and sole writer Mercurio says he finds it "incredibly rewarding" to know that fans have been dying to know what happens next in the cult BBC show.
Here's who stars in Line Of Duty season six:
Kelly Macdonald as DCI Joanne Davidson
- Kelly Macdonald is a new face on Line Of Duty.
- She is joining series six as DCI Joanne Davidson, the senior investigating officer of an unsolved murder, who is being looked at by AC-12.
- Kelly shot to fame when she starred in Trainspotting in 1996, when she was 20, playing Diane.
Martin Compston as DS Steve Arnott
- Martin had parts in The Royal and Casualty before landing his role in Line Of Duty.
- In 2018 he played Earl of Bothwell in the Oscar-nominated Mary Queen Of Scots alongside Margot Robbie.
- The Scotsman has been busy while waiting for series six, starring in The Nest and Traces.
Vicky McClure as DI Kate Fleming
- In 2008 Vicky featured in the critically panned comedy-drama Filth And Wisdom – directed by music legend Madonna.
- In 2020 Vicky appeared as Mrs Jones in the spy thriller Alex Rider based on the books by Anthony Horowitz.
- New Line Of Duty hunk Perry Fitzpatrick has hinted at an on-screen fling with Vicky McClure in season six.
Adrian Dunbar as Superintendent Ted Hastings
- Adrian Dunbar has had roles in TV shows such as Inspector Morse, Cracker and Murphy's Law.
- Adrian has been busy during breaks from filming Line Of Duty, appearing in season two of Blood in 2020.
- The Irish actor is keen for Gary Oldman and Dame Judi Dench to feature in the hit BBC series.
Shalom Brune-Franklin as DC Chloe Bishop
- Shalom Brune-Franklin is new to the Line Of Duty cast.
- The young actress starred in BBC political drama Roadkill alongside Hugh Laurie.
Anneika Rose as PC Farida Jatri
- Anneika Rose, who starred in Channel 4's comedy-drama series Ackley Bridge, returns to the cast after appearing in season four.
- Anneika's character PC Jatri was part of bent copper DCI Roz Huntley's team.
- In 2020 the actress starred as Nicky in Deadwater Fell.
Nigel Boyle as Superintendent Ian Buckells
- Nigel Boyle is reprising his role as Ian Buckells for season six.
- In 2020, the actor played Clive Miller in Silent Witness and was Mr Hamley in Small Axe.
Perry Fitzpatrick as DS Chris Lomax
- Perry Fitzpatrick has played TDC Gary Roscoe in Channel 5's police series Suspects.
- He's also been in Channel 4 sitcom Drifters, and he played Chris Webster in the Downton Abbey film.
- Prasanna Puwanarajah is an actor known primarily for his role in Doctor Foster: A Woman Scorned.
- Before that, he appeared in legal drama Silk as Dr Malik.
Andi Osho as Gail Vella
- Andi Osho is a comedian who has moved into acting after appearing in comedy shows including Mock The Week and Live At The Apollo.
- She has played a nurse and midwife in EastEnders as well as a trainee in Holby City.
- Osho is also a novelist, and has penned Asking For A Friend.
When is Line Of Duty season six on TV?
Series six of Line Of Duty premiered at 9pm on Sunday, March 21 2021, on BBC1.
Episode six will air TONIGHT (Sunday April 25, 2021) at 9pm.
It will also be available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
However it's not available as a boxset, with viewers having to wait for each episode to drop on Sunday evening.
Source: Read Full Article