Bungalow in Leicester on the market at £325,000 for EIGHT YEARS tops the list of Britain’s most unwanted homes
Selling a home is a struggle for many people – but spare a thought for some of these homeowners who's properties are WAY past their sell-by date.
A three-bedroom detached bungalow in Leicester up for £325,000 has been on sale since February 22, 2012 – almost nine years since its initial listing – the longest time any property in Britain has been on the market.
Other properties left on the shelf include a £57,000 studio flat in Leeds up since 2013, a £100,000 flat in Nottingham and a £1.35million deluxe apartment in Central London, that have both been up since 2014.
The data was released by Online Mortgage Advisor, whose study found that Oxford is the slowest area in Britain to sell a home, with properties taking an average 152 days to sell, with an average price of £400,000.
Other locations with lengthy sales include Middlesborough, with an average of 149 days despite the average price being just £108,999, and Slough, with an average of 148 days.
However, locations up North such as Edinburgh (45 days) and Glasgow (47 days) top the timings and are among the fastest locations for houses to sell.
Have a look at the 15 homes, via Rightmove, that have been on the property market for the longest time in Britain as of November 2020:
1. This three-bedroom bungalow in Leicester has been on the market since February 22, 2012 – the longest time of any property in Britain. Estate agents Spencers of Oadby say it has an "excellent sized loft" and it is up for £325,000.
2. This studio flat in Leeds is part of a student development and is on sale for £57,000 – to cash buyers only. It is marketed as an "investment opportunity" and has been up for sale since December 12, 2013, as a flat within a unit of four or six bedrooms.
3. This ground-floor flat has two bedrooms and is on the market for £100,000. It is in an apartment development near Nottingham city centre and also has a car parking space. It is even listed as "chain free" – but has been up since February 14, 2014.
4. This fourth floor apartment boasting 1058sq ft and overlooking Tower Bridge and the River Thames is up for £1.35million. Despite being listed since March 7, 2014, this two-bedroom in London just can't budge.
5. In the South Yorkshire village of Hatfield Woodhouse, this two-bedroom detached cottage comes with a large garden with outbuildings. Even though it's marked as a "character property" this £280,000 home has been on the market since November 25, 2014.
6. This two-bedroom semi-detached home in Shipley, Bradford has been listed since February 2015. This stone-built abode is on the market for £117,500 and has a lounge, kitchen diner, two first-floor bedrooms and a bathroom.
7. First listed on July 7, 2015, this three-bedroom semi-detached house in Middlesborough is still on the market for £89,000. It has a good-sized garden, a gravelled front, as well modern bathroom and kitchen.
8. This four-bedroom terraced home overlooking the River Ribble is situated in Broadgate, Preston. It has been on the market since October 22, 2015 for £209,950, is described to be in a "desirable location" and comes with three reception rooms.
9. In the Shropshire village of Shawbirch near Telford, is this one-bedroom flat up for £87,950. It's been listed since December 8, 2015 despite its off-road parking, communal garden and its leasehold with 122 years left.
10. In the Mossley Hill area of Liverpool, this seven-bedroom home is on the market for £1.1million. It boasts large private grounds, two living rooms, a designer kitchen, a large basement and fireplaces – but has been listed since December 16, 2015.
11. This Oxford one-bedroom retirement apartment is located within five and a half acres of land and is on the market for £160,000. It is located next to a care home that provides emergency care and housekeeping, and was first put up on February 3rd, 2016.
12. This three-bedroom duplex in Cardiff is on sale for £750,000. Its located in the 23-floor Altolusso building, the highest residential development in Wales, and was originally posted on February 25, 2016. It was even used for filming in TV drama Torchwood.
13. This modern property in Newsome, near Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, is up for £189,000. The four-bedroom detached home has a garage, a lawned back garden and off-road parking, and has been listed since March 8, 2016.
14. This two-bedroom ground floor flat was listed on March 9, 2016 and is located in the Northam Road area of Southampton. It's up for £149,000 and is listed as already having a tenant in situ paying £8,520 a year rent.
15. This end-of-terrace three-bedroom house in Bispham, Blackpool is just a short walk from the coast and has a rear garden, 50ft in length, and off-street parking. It has been up for sale since July 6, 2016 for £114,950.
Source: Read Full Article