Grace Millane killer Jesse Kempson filmed smuggling body out of hotel in suitcase after strangling her on Tinder date

CCTV captured the chilling moment Grace Millane's killer smuggled her body out of a motel in a suitcase after strangling her to death.

Jesse Kempson – who can finally be named after an order banning his identification was lifted – killed the Brit backpacker after a Tinder date.

Footage shows the 28-year-old using a hefty porter's trolley to wheel two cases into a lift at the New Zealand motel which doubled as his home.

He was first seen wheeling the trolley into the elevator at the CityLife hotel in Auckland and going up to his £190 a week room.

Shortly afterwards, he returned with it laden with two suitcases, one of which he later admitted contained university graduate Grace’s naked body folded into a foetal position.

He is then seen emerging from the elevator and pushing the trolley across the floor of the lobby.

The suitcase containing Grace's body was later buried in a shallow grave in woodland.

Grace's parents were seen wiping away tears in the public gallery when the clip was shown in court during his murder trial.

They saw how cameras captured Kempson buying a suitcase and a shovel and transporting their daughter's body in a red Toyota hatchback he rented the day she died.

Jurors were also shown images of the shocking moment detectives found the suitcase with buried on the outskirts of the city.

CCTV also captured the moment Kempson took Grace up to his room after a night out in the city.

It has now been revealed he raped another British tourist eight months before killing Grace.

Just as he did with her, he lured the victim, then 21, into a boozy Tinder date before taking her back to his motel room apartment.

He was caged for life with a non-parole period of 17 years for murdering Grace, from Essex, in Auckland in December, 2018.

Months earlier, Kempson had attacked the other Brit after a night out in Auckland.

Furious at her refusal to have sex after he had bought her drinks and dinner Kempson raped her while she lay on the bed.

She kept the attack secret until she recognised him from media coverage the day he was charged with Grace’s murder and went straight to police.

Kempson also faced another trial for sexually assaulting his girlfriend the previous year in a sickening ordeal lasting months.

The shocking details could not be revealed until now as he was on trial for those crimes, with his identity kept secret over fears that linking him with Grace's murder could prejudice jurors.

But both trials – which took place in October and November this year – have concluded with guilty verdicts.

As a result, Kempson has been sentenced to an additional 11 years to run concurrently with the 17-year minimum he received for Grace's murder.

In a statement, Grace's family said: “As a family we do not think about him or speak his name."

Grace went missing on December 1, 2018 and failed to contact her family on her 22nd birthday the following day while in Auckland, as part of a planned year-long trip abroad.

She was last seen alive entering a hotel with Kempson on the evening of December 1.

On December 9, her body was found in a wooded area about 30ft from the side of the road in the Waitakere Ranges near Auckland.

She died after meeting Kempson through the dating app Tinder, going out for drinks, and then returning to his hotel apartment.

Source: Read Full Article