Man with hearing difficulties had nail lodged in skull that he ‘forgot about’
A man suffering with hearing difficulties had a NAIL lodged in his skull that he had "forgotten about".
The man, from Elban in Russia , began losing his sense of hearing and went to a doctor to find out the problem.
But doctors were shocked to discover a nail lodged in his brain that he couldn't remember anything about.
Medics performed emergency surgery to remove the object.
Miraculously, it was just a few inches away from major arteries supplying blood to his brain.
The nail – a construction dowel – pierced through his head after undertook a house renovation project while "drunk", the man said.
However, he claimed he did not feel any pain and rubbed some herbal ointment on the injury.
Some specialists say that doctors in his remote village of Elban were afraid to remove the nail fearing he would die during the operation.
Alexander Vitko, health minister in Khabarovsk region, praised ear, nose and throat surgeon Alexander Karpov who managed to remove the nail in a three hour operation.
He said: “This case is unique because the man was walking around with an alien object in his head for several years.
“During that time, tissue formed around the nail which, obviously, made the surgery harder.”
The surgery was successful and the unnamed patient now has improved hearing.
"There is no threat to his life."
Source: Read Full Article